- On confirming your dates are available you will be sent a booking form and an invoice for the deposit of at least £150 (depending on length of adventure) to secure your date.
- The booking form should be read and signed and returned within 5 working days.
- The deposit should be paid within 7 working days via BACS transfer, PayPal or a cheque which must clear within this time. A reservation is only binding once this has been paid and cleared into our account. Paypal is available as stated but in order for VDub Junkie to keep their hiring fees competitive, all charges are payable by the hirer.
- Any Payments made via Paypal incur a charge. This will be added to your final booking fee. If the £500 security deposit is paid via paypal, you will be refunded minus the Paypal charge.
- Paypal charges are 3.4% plus 20p per transaction.
- Notification of your preferred payment method is required before payment is made.
- A receipt will be provided once payment has cleared and you will be provided with a booking confirmation.
- The balance of the hire charge is due no later than 28 days prior to the first day of hire.
- Any late bookings made within 1 month or less of the booking date will be required to be paid in full on immediate receipt of your booking confirmation and invoice.
- A cleared refundable security deposit of £500 is necessary prior to taking the vehicle. This is equal to the insurance excess amount. This can be paid using the methods mentioned above.. Cash cannot be taken for this or the hire fee. Please note, the vehicle cannot be released to you without this deposit being cleared into our account. Our insurance does not allow for cash payments. This applies to all self drive hire.
- The security deposit is taken to cover the possibility of any damage, whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise. Sunny is an old gal and repairs don’t come cheap, and Storm is a bespoke made handsome gentleman so please be mindful of Sunny’s age/beauty and Storm’s grandeur!
- The security deposit will be returned following inspection of the vehicle and using BACS transfer into your chosen account. It will be refunded within 7 working days if the van is returned on time, to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior, a full tank of fuel and all equipment present and intact.
- If the van is returned in the dark, a full inspection will take place the following day. The van will not be used in the meantime to ensure an accurate record of the condition it is returned in can be recorded. The hirer will then be sent a copy of the report.
- A £100 valeting fee will be retained if the van is not returned in a clean condition.
- A £50 fuel fee will be retained if Sunny is returned empty and £90 if Storm is returned empty. Unleaded petrol only for Sunny, diesel only for Storm.
- Any broken items should be replaced for identical or the cost to replace them will be retained from your deposit. A full list of items and their value is available on request if damages occur.
- Additional extras must be paid for and cleared prior to the camper being released for use and via the methods mentioned above.
- Charges accrued by alternative collection or drop off changes must be cleared into our account prior to collection.
- Fees stated on your confirmation for may not be final. If a human error occurs, we reserve the right to amend in accordance with our charges.
- Hirers are required to provide information of their travel plans included an expected route and estimated mileage.
- There is a limit of Cornwall travel only in Sunny and consideration should be given that this is a classic vehicle with a maximum speed of around 60mph and requires more care than a modern vehicle. We reserve the right to refuse a booking if it is felt that a suggested journey may be inappropriate. We may consider longer trips so please enquire. Storm can be taken further a field and we will also consider Europe.
- Breaks must be taken every 3 hours on longer journeys in Sunny.
- The vehicles should remain in the agreed location/destination location no further unless notified and agreed upon prior to departure.
- Payment should be made by BACS transfer where possible.
- By cheque addressed to Amanda Lawson.
- By debit or credit card where you will be invoiced via paypal.
- By PayPal as per the previous condition in the booking section above.
Collection and drop off
- The vehicle should be collected at the agreed time which will appear on your booking confirmation.
- Collection is from 6 Dracaena Avenue, Falmouth, TR11 2EG unless otherwise agreed.
- The vehicle will be supplied in a clean and sound working order and with an information pack and checklist of everything on board.
- Any additional extras booked will be listed separately. This should be checked and signed for prior to releasing the vehicle. Any errors cannot be rectified post departure and refunds will not be given for missing but signed for items.
- The checklist and a rental agreement must be read and signed prior to leaving with the vehicle. Please allow up to 45 minutes for paperwork to be agreed and signed before the vehicle can be released. This will include a full itinerary of everything included in the camper van. A copy of this can be provided at anytime so you can plan what to take.
- Copies of your identification will be taken in accordance with our insurance requirements. Please ensure you bring with you your driving license and one other form of ID which contains your name and address such as a utility bill. Failure to do this will result in a delay to your adventure as we are required to have these as part of our insurance. This can be processed prior to collection if a scanned copy of the required documents can be provided. The originals will still be required for a quick check prior to departure.
- An inspection will take place when the van is returned. Please allow up to 45 minutes for this to happen.
- The inspection will include a full itinerary check and vehicle check. Please ensure the contents are tidy and the vehicle is clean to avoid any delay.
- Transfers to the collection address are not included and it is your responsibility to make arrangements to arrive for collection on time.
- Subject to agreement and availability we would be happy to collect you from our nearest train station, Falmouth Town, Penmere or we are a 5 minute walk from Penmere station. This must be agreed prior to you setting out on your journey. Refunds will not be provided if you cancel your booking due to us not agreeing to collect from our local train station.
- We can store one standard size vehicle for you whilst you are away which can be parked at the rear of the house or outside on the street depending upon availability. This is left at your own risk.
- Refunds will not be given for a late collection.
- You will be charged for a late drop off at £25 per hour and £195 per day.
- It is the hirers responsibility to make sure all collection and drop off terms and conditions are followed for getaways and celebrations alike.
- We recommend that you take out holiday insurance on confirming your booking to cover against cancellation or other eventualities.
- We recommend you take out wedding insurance if you’d like to hire Sunny or Storm for your wedding vehicle to cover against cancellation or other eventualities.
- The booking deposit of at least £150 is Non refundable. Where gift vouchers are used, these are non-refundable.
- In the event of cancellation, booking deposits or gift vouchers are not transferable to alternative hire dates unless in extreme circumstances.
- Late cancellation: The Hirer will be due the full hire fee and will not be entitled to a refund if they cancel within one month of the first day of hire.
- A ‘No Show’ is considered as a late cancellation.
- If appropriate identification and/or the necessary payment/deposit are not produced at the time the Vehicle is to be collected or the Terms and Conditions are not adhered to in any way then the rental cannot proceed and the cancellation policy will be enforced.
- Cancellations may only be made by contacting V-Dub Junkie by e-mail, phone or in writing. An email should be followed up by a phone call to seek confirmation if this is not received within 5 working days.
- In the event that your vehicle is unavailable, on collection, for reasons out of our control, such as the vehicle has been involved in an accident prior to your agreed collection time of the vehicle, we will refund all monies including your initial booking fee of £150 or other amount paid.
- Adverse weather conditions may lead to us cancelling the hire of the vehicle. It is very rare to have such incidents in Cornwall but if the occasion arrises the hirer will be notified at the earliest possible time, and all booking and security deposits will be refunded.
- In the event of cancellation of a booking by V-Dub Junkie, the company will not be held responsible for refunding customers pre-organised tours. We recommend that you take out the appropriate insurance to cover such an event. (eg travel or wedding insurance).
- Only the hirer and additional drivers specified on the booking form shall be insured to drive.
- Sunny is insured for self drive or chauffeur driven weddings and we advise that you also take out personal wedding insurance too.
- The hirer must be over 25 and under 75 years of age with a full UK/EU driving licence that has been held for a minimum of 24 months.
- A copy of your driving license is required alongside a proof of address such as a utility bill bearing the hirers name and address which matches the driving license. . Copies will not be accepted. This will be required upon collection of the vehicle and copies will be made at that time or can be sent prior via email with a visual check required on pick up.
- The insured vehicle shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a Hirer’s Proposal Form immediately prior to any hiring.
- The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward or any other form of profit or remuneration.
- A collision damage waiver fee (CDW) is available at an extra cost of £10 per day and for short breaks a minimum of £50 is required. This will eliminate the full excess fee to be paid by you in the event of a collision. This is non refundable.
- The CDW and insurance does not apply to windscreens, windows, wheels, tyres, the underside, roof, interior of the van or towing charges where the van is driven off road, on unsurfaced roads or where undue care and attention applies.
- If you choose not to pay the CDW the full insurance excess of £500 will be payable by you in the event of an incident/accident. Other charges may also apply dependant on the damage.
- The following will not be permitted to hire the vehicle:
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or penalty points imposed. Parking and not more than two speeding offences in the past 3 years may be ignored. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded
- Persons who have had their licence revoked by DVLA due to medical grounds or convictions.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sportspersons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons born in the United Kingdom.
- Hirers under the age of 25 may be considered. We require the authorisation of the insurance company. A security deposit of a minimum £900 will be required for any length of hire period and will only be granted at the discretion of V-Dub Junkie.
- V-Dub Junkie assumes no liability for valuables left in or stolen from the vehicle. Please do not leave valuables in the vehicle because of possible theft. Please note: Insurance on personal property is The Hirers responsibility.
- Hire of any additional extras supplied by us is not covered by the insurance provided with the use of the vehicle. The Hirer will be responsible for the replacement of any items.
- The contents listed on the checklist are not insured by the insurance provided with the use of the vehicle. The Hirer will be responsible for the replacement of any items.
Road traffic legislation and penalties
- You acknowledge that until the Vehicle is returned to us you will be liable as keeper of the Vehicle for any offences, penalties or fines committed or sustained in respect of the Vehicle under any relevant road traffic legislation during the Rental Period.
- In the event that V-Dub Junkie is charged with any penalty amounts in respect of offences committed whilst the Vehicle is on hire to you during the Rental Period, V-Dub Junkie reserves the right to supply your details to the relevant authorities.
- Full breakdown cover is included. This includes roadside assistance or transfer to a local garage for repair. At worst you may be taken to your destination, home or to a B&B (terms apply). All the information will be included in your welcome pack.
- Breakdown is not covered if you break down within a mile of leaving our collection point. You should contact us directly by phone in this instance.
- European breakdown cover is included for Storm. European travel is not however permitted by V-Dub Junkie for Sunny at this time.
- You are responsible for contacting V-Dub Junkie as well as the breakdown services as soon as a breakdown occurs.
- You must only use the recovery process you are provided with. If you use a different recovery company, V-Dub Junkie will not be responsible for any costs incurred and the hirer will be required to deal with the entire breakdown procedure including costs.
- A copy of the rescue policy and useful contact details will be available in your information pack. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with this.
- V-Dub Junkie reserves the right to refuse a hirer permission to take the vehicle at any time from the enquiry period through to receiving full payment, if they are deemed unsuitable.
- V-Dub Junkie reserves the right to cancel bookings due to extreme weather conditions or other extreme and unavoidable circumstances and in this case a full refund will be provided.
- The Hirer shall drive the Sunny in a careful and cautious manner, no faster than 60mph, and taking breaks when travelling for more than 3 hours continuously.
- The Hirer shall not use the vehicle for anything other than its intended purpose, or allow use of the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire. The Hirer shall not allow the vehicle to be used to carry volatile liquids, corrosive or flammable materials or explosives.
- The vehicle should not be submerged in water; come into contact with saltwater, be used for any illegal purposes or be used for any race or rally.
- The Hirer must notify the police as soon as they become aware of any property that is lost, stolen or maliciously damaged, and get a crime reference number.
- The Hirer must take all reasonable steps to mitigate the loss or damage and recover any lost or stolen property and advise V-Dub Junkie without any unnecessary delay if such property is returned.
- The Hirer must forward all correspondence, legal documents or any other document related to a claim to V-Dub Junkie unanswered.
- The Hirer must not discuss liability with any third party without permission from V-Dub Junkie or their insurance supplier.
- The Hirer must co-operate with V-Dub Junkie / the insurer in any investigation including the supply of supporting evidence
- The Hirer must act at all times in good faith.
- The Hirer must keep the vehicle and its keys safe at all times for a claim to be valid. The Hirer must always close the doors, windows and lock the vehicle, removing the keys. Failure to do so will invalidate the insurance.
- Hirer must endeavour to only drive on sealed / bitumen roads
- The vehicle must not be taken to any drive through car wash. It must not be cleaned with a jet wash. If washing of the exterior is necessary only water and dry cloths should be used on Sunny. Do not scrub or rub vigorously any part of the bodywork. Storm can be washed as you would any modern vehicle but must not be placed in a car wash.
- The hirer should declare the proposed mileage before booking.
- The Hirer acknowledges that V-Dub Junkie reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- The Hirer will be responsible for the cost of replacing keys which are lost or broken, or for the retrieval of keys locked in a vehicle. The cost of a locksmith travelling to the vehicle will be at the hirer’s expense.
- The hirer will be fully responsible for the replacement of tyres damaged during their hire period.
- For celebrations, the hirer is fully responsible for the well being of Sunny and Storm and how they are treated. All terms and conditions apply to any type of hire whether a getaway or celebration.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that the gas is switched off when not in use and is used in a safe manner. You will be shown how to connect and disconnect prior to leaving with the vehicle and instructions can be found in your information pack.
- The gas bottle is included in your hire price. If it runs out you should replace it with an identical one and retain your receipt for reimbursement. Reimbursements will not be given without a receipt.
- Gas should only be stored in its designated place, and a spare bottle should not be carried on board.
- We reserve the right to disconnect the gas for the purposes of a wedding vehicle hire.
- Only Unleaded petrol can be used in Sunny and only diesel in Storm.
- The vehicle will be provided full on your departure for any period of hire including for celebrations unless otherwise specified on your rental agreement.
- The vehicle should be returned full on your return. Failure to do so will result in £50 being retained from your security deposit for Sunny and £90 for storm.
- The fuel cap should remain locked at all times. Fuel taken from the van without the hirer’s consent is the responsibility of the hirer and is not covered by the insurance.
All Terms apply to Weddings unless it is a chauffeur driven wedding in which case the £500 security deposit does not apply. Please enquire for Price options and/or a tailor made quote.
VDub Junkie has two campervans for hire, both very different, therefore a replacement camper van can only be provided if the other is available and it is agreed that this is an acceptable alternative as a replacement vehicle if circumstances arise causing the camper originally booked to be unavailable.
All terms and conditions apply to hire periods of any length whether it is for a getaway or a celebration of any sort.